I watched the rest of VEEP yesterday. I planned just to watch one episode, but it soon became a marathon.
Such biting satire!
Reasons to love VEEP:
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus is at her best. She deserved the Emmy.
- The dialog moves fast and furious.
- There’s something of a cathartic effect of watching people yell at the incompetent. Don’t you wish you could at work?
- While the show is heavy on testosterone, so’s the world and the show skewers that inane competition for alpha male position.
- Anna Chlumsky is marvelous. One of the best comediennes working today
- The show satirizes all politicians, all who scurry around for power. It’s something of an anti-West Wing.
- Veep (smkelly8.com)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Emmys’ Outstanding Lead Comedy Actress! (justjared.com)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus On Emmy Plans & ‘Veep’ Season 2 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Emmy voters keep politics at the fore (variety.com)
- Winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus Worships Amy Poehler (5min.com)