Season Two opened with the midterm elections and the VP’s party gets crushed by the opposition. Serina, the VP, sees this as an opportunity to reposition her role in the administration and tries to orchestrate a power grab. Gary Cole plays a despised Senior Strategist for the President, who as usual never appears.
The episode flew by with lots of rapid fire jokes and physical humor involving getting the VP out of the Oval Office after she’s gotten her lip stick all over the President’s rug. It’s one of the best comedies on American television, though I have to say In the Thick of It was funnier. I think it would help to show the opposition party sometimes.
- ‘Veep’ Is Even Better the Second Time Around (theatlanticwire.com)
- “Veep” Season 2: Exclusive First Look At The Poster! (buzzfeed.com)
- Hot TV Teaser: HBO’s ‘Veep’ (deadline.com)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Rocks the Vote Again at ‘Veep’ Screening (variety.com)
- Rage, Rivalry and Rose Hip Tea:’ Veep: The Complete First Season’ (Review) (popmatters.com)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus & Anna Chlumsky: ‘Veep’ Premiere! (justjared.com)